sunnuntai 18. lokakuuta 2009

Lovely Kira



I want you all to meet my friend Kira. I've been talking about her here and it's finally time for you to see how sweet she is. So Kira comes from Regina (lausutaan niin kuin naiselle kuuluva ruumiinosa, aiheuttaa usein hilpeyttä), Canada from a province called Saskatchewan (lausutaan seskätsuan tai jotain muuta yhtä outoa). She's 20 years old and an artist, but she quit art school because they limited her too much. (I know, that's so cool!!!) Now she's studying business administration and we go to school together here. We have known for three weeks now and it has been so much fun ever since. She lives in the coolest student house ever 1 km from my place.

This is where she lives














Back home she worked her ass off to get the money to come here for they don't get any money from any organisations or government or anything and her parents also have to pay for her studying. It seems surreal and I feel so spoiled :D So she used to work in a bar back home and she can make the most delicious drinks ever and she loves rum. When we go out she advices the bar tenders how to mix her drink (respect!). She laughs a lot and smiles almost all the time (expect when she gets tired). She loves yoga and tries to convince me to try it too.

She's only studied German for like two years but she uses it a lot and isn't afraid to ask help from people using it. I'm freaking out with asking something because I never understand what they answer me. But Kira's so good at German that it's almost unbelievable. That's why she's normally our guide (and because... well, you know my orienteering skills in a city).

We go to the city a lot because she's also a shopaholic. Shopping with her is at it's best with Rischart sandwiches and a working credit card. And of course with hooker boots (also known as over-the-knee boots). In this picture she's wearing the boots and her new supercool jacket and my red gloves that fit her perfectly. She's going to buy similar ones because they look great with her new jacket :)

In addition to shopping we also have cooking nights (like last night when she fell in love with makaronilaatikko), craft nights (as soon as we find a craft store), sport nights (body sculpting, gym and perhaps that yoga) and of course many many party nights. She loves to go dancing and she listens to techno (ok, nobody's perfect). But she also loves Kings of Convenience which is great!

She loves food and chocolate and knows so many nice recipes and I'm gonna learn so many things from her! I like this intercultural learning here :D We drink coffee and bailey's together here in cold autumn nights and closer to christmas I will show her glögi. Wonder if the Germans have it alcohol free (probably not :D).

We spend a lot of time together with Kira and share our feelings about missing the boyfriends back home. By the way her boyfriend Eric is so cool and has nice glasses! He plays drums and is a good writer and is studying law. They are so cute together :) Now we are both in the same situation that we won't have the boys visiting us here.. So I guess we'll just keep on partying. Except when the parents come, then we will meet each other's families which is so cool because Kira's mum works for the government (bad ass!) and is really really nice! My mum's also very nice of course and I'm sure they'll get along perfectly with Kira. Mum can tell the jokes she can in English :)

Drinking game in Kira's dining room


So this is how she's like and of course sooooo much more. She's awesome and I like her a lot. This text is in English so she can understand it too. Though later on she'll speak Finnish too of course. And she's gonna visit Finland so be prepared! That's all for now, I guarantee you'll be hearing from her later on.